June 21st, 2013
"Knowing that there were very few people that were
still around that had something to do with the movie "Bullitt", and knowing
that the 45th anniversary of the filming was just around the corner,
Frank Panacci and I wanted to put something together that would be
Through many phones calls and conversations and pulling favors for almost a year, we were able, with the help of San Francisco's Police Seargent Neil Cunningham to help secure a location and date with City Hall.
June 22nd started early with setting up
Frank Panacci's 1968 Mustang and Charger in front of City Hall steps .
Following the ceremony at City Hall, Chad drove Frank's Mustang escorted by
San Francisco Police Department.
We started in North Beach neighborhood at the intersections of Columbus
Avenue and Chestnut Street and progressed down through the Taylor
Street jump route.
Later that evening the Hoondog's put on a great BBQ with the help of the
City of Brisbane and their Lion's Club, with plenty
of food and seating and a live band .
Chad thanked everyone for coming to witness and celebrating the proclamation and to this dinner to honor his father.
Saturday morning we met at the hotel parking lot in South San Francisco, so that we could caravan out to Blackhawk Museum in Blackhawk, Calif where the Hoondog's sponsored a car show. Attendee's were able to go into the Blackhawk's Car Museum as well as walk around the shopping center attached. It was a wonderful warm day and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.
We raffled off a poster collage of Frank Panacci Senior that was one of 4 San Francisco Police officers on the set of "Bullitt"
The poster included copied
photos and personal letters to Retired Police Officer Frank Panacci
Senior from Steve McQueen. The lucky
winner of the poster was Dave Vallerga.
All the proceeds from the raffle
will go to the "Boy's Republic" in Chino, Calif .
What a great week-end that we will never forget!
- to Seargent Neil Cunningham for
the many phone calls and email,
- Deputy Chief Frank Panacci,taking time from his busy schedule to make phone calls and sit in on meetings with me
- my wife Sharon that had to keep me focused for the many sleepless nights
- Tony Piazza with his 8 mm home movies of the behind the scenes of "Bullitt"
- Michael O'Donnell from Southern Cal Bullitt Club for the trip up to Northern Calif to celebrate.
- to Chad McQueen for taking time out from his busy schedule to be in San Francisco to receive the proclamation. Chad was assume in shaking hands, taking photos, signing dozens of autographs for the many Bullittheads!
The Hoondog's Paul Rocha, Kurt Anderson, Greg Autrey and the many behind the
- BlackHawk Museum
The list goes on and finally pulling off a caravan to San Francisco to help make 45th Bullitt Anniversary a huge success!!
Anthony Bologna enjoyed the
The Charger and Mustang in front of the
Officer Padmore gifted Chad a set of S.F.P.D. miniature badges
L/R Officer Dan Cunningham,brother Sargent Neil Cunningham,Chad,Frank Panacci, Anthony Bologna